Just completed an inspection today. About 2 weeks ago I had added a pollen trap. After being warned by more experienced beekeepers that this was a bad idea for a new hive, I decided to break the hive all the way down to remove the trap.
Since my visit last week, I had also begun feeding 1:1 syrup several days ago. The bees have been eating everything I put in, generally 1/2 - 1 gallon of syrup a day. Gotta go pick up a 25lb bag of sugar since the 5lb bags go too quick.
I had the benefit of having a visit from an experienced local beekeeper today. It was helpful to have an expert on hand, especially since he pronounced my hive to be 'looking good.'
Added another super! Maybe there will be honey yet this year.
Here's a slideshow with more pics: